105 Best Life-Saving Quotes on Change by Powerful Personalities:
Change is inevitable whether you abhor it or not but it keeps happening in an uncalculated pace. You cannot deter it and the more you dislike it, the more you’ll be troubled for accepting new things, and turning every new leaf of life.
To embrace change you must remind yourself of your growth from childhood to now. Were you conscious about that change? Did you ever notice that things are changing until you were a little older. Then ask yourself, “Why do you fear it now?”
Today we will discuss about the importance of change by understanding why we fear change, how we can accept change, and by reading some of the best quotes on change by famous personalities. So let’s begin.
As people grow older, they start embracing comfort. They stop walking, doing physical activities, and slouch in sofa, and feel ashamed to walk, and make their body weak by being dependent on their cars, and bikes to travel for short distances.
Some find it difficult to detach themselves from toxic relationships, partners or friends as they fear what will happen after this major change.
Their love for comfort makes them paranoid about change. Hence, many choose comfort over experience, and cocoon themselves in their old shell.
Due to which they don’t make make bad education, career choice and life decisions. As they never strive for things they are passionate about, and fear what if they don’t fit in there or fail, and this fear makes them fear the change.
Many of us only fear change or have negative thoughts about it, because we were raised by controlling parents, who glued their beliefs on their children. They always said negative things or used ‘No’ every time, we wanted to do something new, as they wanted obedient kids who sought their parent’s permission to do things.
Such parenting makes children meek, hesitant of trying new things and fearful of change.
At every step in life, they feel weird of the change, young teens develop acceptance issues and dislike how their bodies are changing. They feel insecure about themselves, and shut themselves emotionally, as they feel their parents wouldn’t appreciate them talking like adults.
They start intellectually downplaying themselves in front of others when they understand everything. Such kids when they move towards adulthood have to toil to accept change. As they have always had negative feelings, and memories associated with it.
They find it difficult manage relationships, to make their life decisions on their own, to swiftly move from one workplace/job to another.
Amidst this, their slow evolution into an adult teaches them, life blesses them with several experiences and they too change in this process whether willingly or unwillingly. Which makes them question, “Am I the same person I was before, is this my true self? God! I have changed and I feel terrible about losing my old self!”
DONT BE! because everything’s changing in front of us, and we all our evolving like other sentinel beings on this earth. So change is good!
Remember the times when we were little and were in awe of the changing colours of the sky, and and chuckled innocently, “See the sky is blushing!” and when we saw the rainbow, we ran upstairs to see it, and wished for it to come back soon .
We took pride in growing up, and watching us jump from one class to the another, moving in new section, and enjoyed bonding with new classmates.
We enjoyed such small changes in life, and considered them as overwhelming. But as we grow older, we start disliking changes. We start taking things in a negative sense, and make everything about us.
For example some adults associate the weather with their mood, and feel depressed when the weather becomes hazy and glum. Some get disturbed watching old friends going ahead in life, they become more self-centered, and unaware of things going inside their mind and life.
In order to accept change you have to accept that you have come this far because of change, and you cannot grow if make change your enemy.
You may ask, why we should be take change seriously, and why change is important for us? Let’s decode why
Because it gives us life experiences they we could never have if we tried to stop, or run away or hide from the change that was about to occur.
Change is good because it helps in developing our personality, as life continues its cycle, we experience new things everything, like working, meeting new people, and going on adventures. With time, people learn how, what and where they are lacking in life, and why they should groom themselves. This helps them in developing their personality.
We also develop new skills and learn new things by becoming self-aware, and trying hand at new activities, finding interest in hobbies, and learning how to do things that we didn’t had idea before.
If we are open to change we can turn our life by being liquid in thoughts, and having a zeal to make the best use of the changing times. Like starting a new career, switching our boring 9 to 5 job to a creative one, or starting a new business at the right time because hitting when the rod is hot is always good. As you’d profit
When you accept change as an integral part of life, it helps you in embracing new beginnings and leaving the former self behind. You acknowledge life, old age and death as the important stages of life.
When we overcome our fear of change and embrace it, we embrace life. This brings peace and contentment in our lives as we are not blocking our growth by being afraid of the ever-changing scenario and time.
Religious philosophies such as Hinduism and Buddhism teaches about the importance of change in life, and how we should look forward to it, and be hopeful in life. So here are 105 best Life-Saving Quotes on Change by Powerful Personalities that you must read:
1. “You must be the change you want to see in the world.”
2. “As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world – that is the myth of the atomic age – as in being able to remake ourselves.”
3. “I do not want to foresee the future. I am concerned with taking care of the present. God has given me no control over the moment following.”
4. “Adaptability is not imitation. It means power of resistance and assimilation.”
5. “The spirit of democracy is not a mechanical thing to be adjusted by abolition of forms. It requires change of heart.” – Mahatma Gandhi Quotes on Change
6. “The measure of intelligence is the ability to change”
7. “Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marry women hoping they will not.”
8. “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”
9. “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
10. “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
11. “The world is not full of evil because of those who do wrong. It is full of evil because of those who do nothing.”
12. “A photograph never grows old. You and I change, people change all through the months and years but a photograph always remains the same. How nice to look at a photograph of mother or father taken many years ago. You see them as you remember them. But as people live on, they change completely. That is why I think a photograph can be kind.”
13. “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude” –Oprah Winfrey
14. “With every experience, you alone are painting your own canvas, thought by thought, choice by choice.”
15. “Where there is no struggle there is no strength.”
16. “Forgiveness is letting go of the hope that the past can be changed.”
17. “If you want your life to be more rewarding, you have to change the way you think.”
18. “Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.”
19. “Every time you suppress some part of yourself or allow others to play you small, you are ignoring the owner’s manual your Creator gave you. What I know for sure is this: You are built not to shrink down to less but to blossom into more. To be more splendid. To be more extraordinary. To use every moment to fill yourself up.”
20. “If friends disappoint you over and over, that’s in large part your own fault. Once someone has shown a tendency to be self-centered, you need to recognize that and take care of yourself; people aren’t going to change simply because you want them to.” – Oprah Winfrey Quotes on Change, Oprah Winfrey Quotes on Friendship
21. “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” – Leo Tolstoy Quotes on Change
22. “If you look for perfection, you’ll never be content.”
23. “The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.”
24. “A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral.” – Leo Tolstoy
25. “One moment can change a day, one day can change a life, and one life can change the world.” – Buddha Quotes on Change
26. “If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.”
27. “You yourself must strive. The Buddhas only point the way.”
28. “There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts … a sword that kills.”
29. “On life’s journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him.”
30. “Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.”
31. “They blame those who remain silent, they blame those who speak much, they blame those who speak in moderation. There is none in the world who is not blamed. Conquer anger with non-anger. Conquer badness with goodness. Conquer meanness with generosity. Conquer dishonesty with truth.”
32. “If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change.” – Buddha Quotes on Change
33. “Nothing is forever except change.”
34. Awareness is the greatest agent for change. – Huang Po (Chinese master of Zen Buddhism)
35. If you want to change the world, start with the next person who comes to you in need. – Maezumi Roshi (Japanese Zen Buddhist teacher)
36. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou Quotes on Change
37. “Nothing will work unless you do.”
38. “I’m convinced of this: Good done anywhere is good done everywhere. For a change, start by speaking to people rather than walking by them like they’re stones that don’t matter. As long as you’re breathing, it’s never too late to do some good.”
39. “The most important thing I can tell you about aging is this: If you really feel that you want to have an off-the-shoulder blouse and some big beads and thong sandals and a dirndl skirt and a magnolia in your hair, do it. Even if you’re wrinkled.” – Maya Angelou Quotes on Change
40. “What is a fear of living? It’s being preeminently afraid of dying. It is not doing what you came here to do, out of timidity and spinelessness. The antidote is to take full responsibility for yourself – for the time you take up and the space you occupy. If you don’t know what you’re here to do, then just do some good.”
41. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
42. “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.”
43. “If you begin to understand what you are without trying to change it, then what you are undergoes a transformation.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti Quotes on Change
44. “Do not repeat after me words that you do not understand. Do not merely put on a mask of my ideas, for it will be an illusion and you will thereby deceive yourself.”
45. “When I understand myself, I understand you, and out of that understanding comes love. Love is the missing factor; there is a lack of affection, of warmth in relationship; and because we lack that love, that tenderness, that generosity, that mercy in relationship, we escape into mass action which produces further confusion, further misery. We fill our hearts with blueprints for world reform and do not look to that one resolving factor which is love.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti Quotes on Change and Love
46. “One is never afraid of the unknown; one is afraid of the known coming to an end.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti Quotes on Change and Fear
47. “We carry about us the burden of what thousands of people have said and the memories of all our misfortunes. To abandon all that is to be alone, and the mind that is alone is not only innocent but young — not in time or age, but young, innocent, alive at whatever age — and only such a mind can see that which is truth and that which is not measurable by words.”
48. “All outward forms of change brought about by wars, revolutions, reformations, laws and ideologies have failed completely to change the basic nature of man and therefore of society.”
49. “To transform the world, we must begin with ourselves; and what is important in beginning with ourselves is the intention. The intention must be to understand ourselves and not to leave it to others to transform themselves or to bring about a modified change through revolution, either of the left or of the right. It is important to understand that this is our responsibility, yours and mine…”
50. “Change is the law of the universe. You can be a millionaire, or a pauper in an instant.” – Bhagavad Gita Quotes on Change
51. “Desire and anger which are born out of passion are insatiable and prompt man to great sin and should be recognized as enemies.” In times of a change, desire and/or anger and born out of a sense of attachment. Dispassion and detachment may help one accept changes and tread on in life.”
52. “When a person dwells longingly on sense objects, an inclination towards them is generated. This inclination develops into desire and desire gives rise to anger.”
53. Society is an organism which obeys the immutable law of progress; and change, judicious and cautious change, is necessary for the well being, and indeed the preservation of the social system.” – Swami Vivekananda Quotes on Change
54. “It is the free alone which never changes, and the unchangeable alone which is free; for change is produced by something exterior to a thing, or within itself, which is more powerful than the surroundings.”
55. “The body and mind are continually changing, and are, in fact, only names of series of changeful phenomena, like rivers whose waters are in a constant state of flux, yet presenting the appearance of unbroken streams. Every particle in this body is continually changing; no one has the same body for many minutes together, and yet we think of it as the same body.”
56. “The idea of creation or change is inseparably connected with will. So long as we perceive this world in motion, we have to conceive will behind it.” (source)
57. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma—which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”
58. “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs Quotes on Change
59. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something—your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” – Steve Jobs Quotes on Change, Karma Quotes
60. “For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’ And whenever the answer has been ‘No’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.”
61. “I’ve always been attracted to the more revolutionary changes. I don’t know why. Because they’re harder. They’re much more stressful emotionally. And you usually go through a period where everybody tells you that you’ve completely failed.”
62. “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful…that’s what matters to me.”
63. “My model for business is The Beatles: They were four guys that kept each others’ negative tendencies in check; they balanced each other. And the total was greater than the sum of the parts.”
64. “That’s been one of my mantras—focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex; you have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple.”
65. “I’m convinced that about half of what separates successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.”
66. “We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections.” — John Lennon
67. “There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance.” — John Lennon
68. “I used to think anyone doing anything weird was weird. Now I know that it is the people that call others weird that are weird.” — Paul McCartney
69. “You can judge a man’s true character by the way he treats his fellow animals.” — Paul McCartney
70. “It’s being here now that’s important. There’s no past and there’s no future. Time is a very misleading thing. All there is ever, is the now.” — George Harrison
71. “Your own space, man, it’s so important. That’s why we were doomed because we didn’t have any. It is like monkeys in a zoo. They die. You know, everything needs to be left alone.” – George Harrison
72. “I’ve never really done anything to create what has happened. It creates itself. I’m here because it happened. But I didn’t do anything to make it happen apart from saying ‘Yes’.” – Ringo Starr
73. “I want to change the world, and do something valuable and beautiful. I want people to remember me before I’m dead, and then more afterwards.” – Russel Brand Quotes on Change
74. “The only Revolution that can really change the world is the one in your own consciousness, and mine has already begun.” – Russel Brand
75. “The most potent tool in maintaining the status quo is our belief that change is impossible.”
76. “Every moment is a fresh new beginning, a wonderful inauguration of the great cosmic journey through the universe. We can do whatever we want. We can change reality at any moment.”
77. “We are imprisoned within, hypnotized without, denying ourselves access to the internal peace and external harmony. Can we execute the perfect jailbreak when we have become our own jailers?”
78. “This is why people get obsessed with festivals, or clubs, or drugs, or football, or other temporal approximations of togetherness; these distilled vials of the elixir are craved by our starved souls.”
79. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” – Barack Obama Quotes on Change
80. “A change is brought about because ordinary people do extraordinary things.”
81. “We are the change we have been waiting for.”
82. “I’m inspired by the people I meet in my travels–hearing their stories, seeing the hardships they overcome, their fundamental optimism and decency. I’m inspired by the love people have for their children. And I’m inspired by my own children, how full they make my heart. They make me want to work to make the world a little bit better. And they make me want to be a better man.”
83. “In the face of impossible odds, people who love this country can change it.” – Barack Obama Quotes on Change
84. “One voice can change a room, and if one voice can change a room, then it can change a city, and if it can change a city, it can change a state, and if it change a state, it can change a nation, and if it can change a nation, it can change the world. Your voice can change the world.”
85. “We don’t ask you to believe in our ability to bring change, rather, we ask you to believe in yours.”— Barack Obama Quotes on Change
86. “Nothing can stand in the way of the power of millions of voices calling for change.” – Barack Obama Quotes on Change
87. “What I’ve realized is that life doesn’t count for much unless you’re willing to do your small part to leave our children — all of our children — a better world. Any fool can have a child. That doesn’t make you a father. It’s the courage to raise a child that makes you a father.”
88. “Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. And it will leave you unfulfilled.”
89. “I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting.”
90. “We can change the world and make it a better place. It is in your hands to make a difference.” – Nelson Mandela Quotes on Change
91. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
92. “One of the most difficult things is not to change society — but to change yourself.”
93. “Action without vision is only passing time, vision without action is merely day dreaming, but vision with action can change the world.”
94. “We cannot fully appreciate the light without the shadows. We have to be thrown off balance to find our footing. It’s better to jump than fall. And here I am.”
95. “When I say I have gotten a lot more selfish, I mean I am less concerned with what people think of me. I’m not worried about how I’m perceived. Selfish has always gotten a bad rap.”
96. “You want to be a writer? Start writing. You want to be a filmmaker? Start shooting stuff on your phone right now.” – Matthew McConaughey Quotes on Change
97. “Life is not fair, it never was and it is now and it won’t ever be. Do not fall into the trap. The entitlement trap, of feeling like you’re a victim. You are not.”
98. “There are three things, to my account, that I need each day. One of them is something to look up to, another is something to look forward to, and another is someone to chase.”
99. “Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
– Rob Siltanen Quotes on Change
100. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
101. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”
– Rumi Quotes on ChangeAdvertisement
102. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” – Lao Tzu
103. “The only way that we can live, is if we grow. The only way that we can grow is if we change. The only way that we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we can become exposed is if we throw ourselves out into the open. Do it. Throw yourself.” – C. JoyBell C.
104. “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.” – Steve Maraboli Quotes on Change
105. “They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” – Andy Warhol Quotes on Change