40 Most Inspiring Elon Musk Quotes that’ll Teach you to Think out of the Box
Tech Billionaire Elon Reeve Musk born on June 28, 1971 is a business tycoon, industrial designer, engineer, and a famous public figure, who has done cameos in several successful Hollywood projects.
Musk was raised in South Africa by mother Maye Musk, a Canadian model and dietitian, and father Errol Musk, a South African electromechanical engineer.
Due to her turbulent marriage, and having experienced domestic violence, Mae Musk left her toxic relationship, and worked five jobs to raise her kids. Her decision proved to be a boon for her family, as all her three kids are successful entrepreneurs today.
The eldest child, Elon Musk is the founder, CEO, CTO, and chief designer of SpaceX; CEO, and product architect of Tesla, Inc. He is also the founder of The Boring Company; co-founder of Neuralink; and co-founder and initial co-chairman of OpenAI.
Through his ambitious projects, Musk has taught us to dare to think out of the box, and make it happen. Let’s learn about some of the successful dream projects of Elon Musk, that have altogether made him a centibillionare.
Elon Musk was an awkward, introverted child, who at the age of 10 developed his interest in computing, and when he was 12, he learned computer programming through a manual.
Little did his mother know, that her little simpleton at age 12 will create, and sell the code of a video game called to a tech magazine. Which gave wings to little Elon’s imagination, and he started working for a gaming start-up called ‘Rocket Science.’
Elon soon came up with his first venture called ZIP2, a company that provided maps and business directories to newspapers.
ZIP2 was later sold to Compaq for $307 million in 1999. Musk received $22 million for his 7% share of the company he was only 27 years old at that time.
When Paypal was acquired by Ebay for $1.5 billion, Musk was left with a profit of $180 million. Musk put this money into good use, and in 2002 he came up with his dream project called— Space Exploration Technologies aka SpaceX.
As Musk believed that humanity can only survive if it can become a multi-planetary species. But the only hurdle was that the rocket launch technologies that were too expensive.
Therefore, Musk decided to design reusable rockets, and was able to cut off the expenses.
Due to which, Space X has managed to reduce the cost of space travel by up to 90 percent. Earlier, it costed around $1 billion per mission, and now it has dropped down to $60 million. Due to which, Musk has garnered a $1.6 billion contract with NASA.
The company was largely interested in introducing superfast electric vehicles. Tesla stunned the market by launching Tesla Roadster— the quickest-car in the world, having a battery with a range of 394 km on a single charge.
Roadster stunned the market with its with sharp futuristic looks, record-setting acceleration, range, and performance.
The cost of production of these two projects was so high that, SpaceX as well as Tesla were close to failing. But Elon didn’t give up, and invested his own money on his dream project.
He sought help from friends and business biggies to fund his mission. Today, Tesla isn’t just surviving but thriving, and we all are excited to hear more from it.
Elon’s work has inspired many young minds to think out of the box. His contribution to space and technology hasn’t gone unnoticed by leading government organisations.
In 2010, Elon was presented with the “FAI Gold Space Medal” by the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale for designing the first private rocket to successfully reach the orbit.
In 2018, Musk introduced the Hyperloop, a transportation system, that is theoretically capable of transporting people from Los Angeles to San Francisco in 90 minutes.
Now let’s find— how this high-tech entrepreneur is aiming to turn science-fiction into reality, by reading some of the inspirational Elon Musk Quotes.
1. “I could either watch it happen or be a part of it.”
2. “If you’re trying to create a company, it’s like baking a cake. You have to have all the ingredients in the right proportion.”
3. “There have to be reasons that you get up in the morning and you want to live. Why do you want to live? What’s the point? What inspires you? What do you love about the future? If the future does not include being out there among the stars and being a multi-planet species, I find that incredibly depressing.”
4. “When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.” – Elon Musk Quotes
5. “I think it’s very important to have a feedback loop, where you’re constantly thinking about what you’ve done and how you could be doing it better. I think that’s the single best piece of advice: constantly think about how you could be doing things better and questioning yourself.”
6. “We’re going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I’m hell-bent on making it work.”
7. “People should pursue what they’re passionate about. That will make them happier than pretty much anything else.” – Elon Musk Quotes
8. “When Henry Ford made cheap, reliable cars people said, ‘Nah, what’s wrong with a horse?’ That was a huge bet he made, and it worked.”
9. “I say something, and then it usually happens. Maybe not on schedule, but it usually happens.”
10. I wouldn’t say I have a lack of fear. In fact, I’d like my fear emotion to be less because it’s very distracting and fries my nervous system. – Elon Musk Quotes
11. “Don’t confuse schooling with education. I didn’t go to Harvard but the people that work for me did.“ – Elon Musk QuotesAdvertisement
12. “You want to have a future where you’re expecting things to be better, not one where you’re expecting things to be worse.”
13. “The first step is to establish that something is possible then probability will occur.”
14. “Some people don’t like change, but you need to embrace change if the alternative is disaster.” – Elon Musk Quotes
15. “People work better when they know what the goal is and why. It is important that people look forward to coming to work in the morning and enjoy working.”
16. “If you’re a co-founder or CEO, you have to do all kinds of tasks you might not want to do… If you don’t do your chores, the company won’t succeed… No task is too menial.”
17. “My motivation for all my companies has been to be involved in something that I thought would have a significant impact on the world.” – Elon Musk Quotes
18. “Persistence is very important. You should not give up unless you are forced to give up.” – Elon Musk Quotes
19. “Any product that needs a manual to work is broken”
20. “Take risks now and do something bold. You won’t regret it”
21. “My proceeds from the PayPal acquisition were $180 million. I put $100 million in SpaceX, $70m in Tesla, and $10m in Solar City. I had to borrow money for rent.” – Elon Musk Quotes
22. “I think it would be great to be born on Earth and die on Mars. Just hopefully not at the point of impact.”
23. “Constantly seek criticism. A well thought out critique of whatever you’re doing is as valuable as gold.”
24. “The idea of lying on a beach as my main thing just sounds like the worst. It sounds horrible to me. I would go bonkers. I would have to be on serious drugs. I’d be super-duper bored. I like high intensity.” – Elon Musk Quotes
25. “I came to the conclusion that we should aspire to increase the scope and scale of human consciousness in order to better understand what questions to ask. Really, the only thing that makes sense is to strive for greater collective enlightenment.” – Elon Musk Quotes
26. “The first step is to establish that something is possible then probability will occur.”
27. “One of the really tough things is figuring out what questions to ask. Once you figure out the question, then the answer is relatively easy.” ― Elon Musk Quotes
28. “You need to live in a dome initially, but over time you could terraform Mars to look like Earth and eventually walk around outside without anything on… So it’s a fixer-upper of a planet.”
29. “Every person in your company is a vector. Your progress is determined by the sum of all vectors. ” – Elon Musk Quotes
30. “One of the biggest mistakes we made was trying to automate things that are super easy for a person to do, but super hard for a robot to do.” – Elon Musk Quotes
31. “Brand is just a perception, and perception will match reality over time. Sometimes it will be ahead, other times it will be behind. But brand is simply a collective impression some have about a product.”
32. “I always invest my own money in the companies that I create. I don’t believe in the whole thing of just using other people’s money. I don’t think that’s right. I’m not going to ask other people to invest in something if I’m not prepared to do so myself.”
33. “I don’t create companies for the sake of creating companies, but to get things done.” – Elon Musk Quotes
34. “A company is a group organized to create a product or service, and it is only as good as its people and how excited they are about creating. I do want to recognize a ton of super-talented people. I just happen to be the face of the companies.”
35. “It is a mistake to hire huge numbers of people to get a complicated job done. Numbers will never compensate for talent in getting the right answer (two people who don’t know something are no better than one), will tend to slow down progress, and will make the task incredibly expensive.”
36. “I do think there is a lot of potential if you have a compelling product and people are willing to pay a premium for that. I think that is what Apple has shown. You can buy a much cheaper cell phone or laptop, but Apple’s product is so much better than the alternative, and people are willing to pay that premium.”
37. “Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.” – Elon Musk Quotes
38. “Starting and growing a business is as much about the innovation, drive, and determination of the people behind it as the product they sell.”
39. “I’m interested in things that change the world or that affect the future and wondrous, new technology where you see it, and you’re like, ‘Wow, how did that even happen? How is that possible?'”
40. “When somebody has a breakthrough innovation, it is rarely one little thing. Very rarely, is it one little thing. It’s usually a whole bunch of things that collectively amount to a huge innovation.”