Barack Obama Quotes
Barack Hussein Obama II born on August 4, 1961, was the first African-American president of the United States of America. He is a role model to many, especially to people of color. Who feel they cannot withhold high positions in government offices.
Obama held the position of the 44th President of the United States from 2009-2017. He is an active American politician, attorney and member of the Democratic Party.
He had previously held the office as a U.S. senator from Illinois from 2005-2008, and as Illinois state senator from 1997-2004.
When Barack was only a few weeks old, his mother moved with him to the University of Seattle, where they lived for a year. Meanwhile, his father was completing his undergraduate degree in Economics in Hawaii. When he earned his degree, he left the college to pursue M.A. in Economics on a scholarship at Harvard University.
The couple divorced in March 1964 and Obama Sr. returned to Kenya. Where he remarried for the third time. He was half brothers and sisters from his father’s marriages.
Barack’s father visited him once at Christmas in Hawaii in 171. Barack Obama was only 21 years old, he came to know that his father died in a car accident in 1982.
Talking about his father, Barack Obama quotes, “My father looked nothing like the people around me—that he was black as pitch, my mother white as milk—barely registered in my mind.”
“He described his struggles as a young adult to reconcile social perceptions of his multiracial heritage.”
About Barack Obama- The First Black President of the United States of America
Barack Obama was a great scholar throughout his academic years. He possessed leadership qualities, which made him stand out from his peers.
In 1983, after graduating from Columbia University, he worked as a community organizer in Chicago. In the year 1988, he enrolled himself in Harvard Law School, where he became the first black president of the Harvard Law Review.
After earning his degree, he became a civil rights attorney and an academician. He taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004. After which, he pursued his dream of venturing into politics.
Obama represented the 13th district in the Illinois Senate from 1997 until 2004, when he ran for the U.S. Senate. In 2004, he came into the public’s eye with his March Senate Primary win, and his landslide November election to the Senate.
In 2008, he was nominated by the Democratic Party for president, after a close primary campaign against Hillary Clinton.
On January 20, 2009, Barack was elected over Republican John McCain in the general election, and was inaugurated alongside his running mate, Joe Biden. Nine months later, Barack was named the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize laureate.
During his presidency, Obama signed many landmark bills into the law and brought several reforms including—
- Affordable Care Act (ACA or “Obamacare”)
- Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act;
- Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Repeal Act of 2010.
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
- Tax Relief
- Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization
- Job Creation Act of 2010
- American Taxpayer Relief Acts.
Obama’s Foreign Policies and End of Terrorism:
Barack Obama intervened to end terror by increasing U.S. troop levels in Afghanistan. He reduced nuclear weapons with the United States–Russia New START treaty, and also ended military involvement in the Iraq War.
He ordered military involvement in Libya for the UN Security Council Resolution 1973, which ended Muammar Gaddafi‘s rule.
Obama’s biggest political stance was leading Operation Neptune Star mission to kill Osama Bin Laden.
Obama’s Second Term as US President:
Obama was re-elected as the President of the United States for the second term in 2013. During this term, he promoted inclusion for LGBT Americans, and lifted same-sex marriage ban from the US. Marriages between same-sex were legalized nationwide in 2015.
Obama advocated for gun control, took considerable actions for global warming and immigration. He ordered successful military interventions in Iraq and Syria. Also, held discussions that led to the 2015 Paris Agreement on global climate change.
Barack initiated sanctions against Russia regarding the invasion of Ukraine. He made successful Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action nuclear deal with Iran, and normalized U.S. relations with Cuba.
He also apologized for the pernicious Kunduz hospital airstrike, followed by ending U.S. Combat Operations in Afghanistan in 2016.
Obama, the Global icon and people’s President:
Barack Obama was a global icon during his term of serving as the President of the United States. He has built his reputation abroad, which eventually helped in improving the American economy.
In January 2017, Obama left the office and the presidentship. He now resides in Washington D.C.
His rapport with the general public of America, his empathic nature, foreign tours, and meetings with political scientists rose his position to the upper tier of American presidents.
So let’s learn about this great politician of America by reading some of the best quotes on Obama, one of the greatest leaders of America. Presenting~ 55 Barack Obama Quotes on Change, Love, and His wife Michelle.
55 Barack Obama Quotes on Change, Love and His Wife Michelle
Barack Obama Quotes on Change:
1. “In the face of impossible odds, people who love this country can change it.”
2. “We don’t ask you to believe in our ability to bring change, rather, we ask you to believe in yours.”
3. “Nothing can stand in the way of the power of millions of voices calling for change.”
4. “Change we need.” ~ Barack Obama Quotes
5. “Change is never easy, but always possible.”
6. “At the moment that we persuade a child, any child, to cross that threshold, that magic threshold into a library, we change their lives forever, for the better.” – Barack Obama Quotes on Change
7. “Each path to knowledge involves different rules and these rules are not interchangeable.”
8. “All the education and good intentions in the world couldn’t help plug up the holes in the universe or give you the power to change its blind, mindless course.” – Barack Obama Quotes on Change
9. “You have the ability and gifts to do whatever you want”. It is your turn now to change the world. Yes we can!”
10. “This victory alone is not the change we seek; it is only the chance for us to make that change.“
11. “Change won’t come from the top, change will come from mobilized grassroots.” ~ Barack Obama Quotes
12. “But by the end of two years, most have either changed careers or moved to suburban schools – a consequence of low pay, a lack of support from the educational bureaucracy, and a pervasive feeling of isolation.” – Barack Obama Quotes on Change
Barack Obama Quotes on Love:
13. “What matters is how well we have loved.” ~ Barack Obama Quotes
14. “I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage. But when you start playing around with constitutions, just to prohibit somebody who cares about another person, it just seems to me that’s not what America’s about. Usually, our constitutions expand liberties, they don’t contract them.”
15. “My parents shared not only an improbable love, they shared an abiding faith in the possibilities of this nation. They would give me an African name, Barack, or blessed, believing that in a tolerant America your name is no barrier to success.” – Barack Obama Quotes on Love
16. “America, this is our moment. This is our time. Our time to turn the page on the policies of the past. Our time to bring new energy and new ideas to the challenges we face. Our time to offer a new direction for the country we love.”
17. “If we are truly created equal than truly the love we commit to one another must be equal as well, this ruling will strengthen all of our communities by offering to all same sex couples the dignity of marriage across this great land.”
18. “Jesus lived a life of peace, love, kindness and forgiveness, during the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season, may we all do our best to follow his example.” – Barack Obama Quotes on Love
19. “On Easter I do reflect on the fact that as a Christian I am supposed to love, and I have to say that sometimes, when I’ve listened to less-than-loving expressions by Christians, I get concerned.” – Barack Obama Quotes on Love
Inspirational Barack Obama Quotes:
20. “All of us need to demand leaders brave enough to stand up to the gun lobby’s lies.”
21. “We may not be able to stop evil in the world, but how we treat one another is entirely up to us.”
22. “You can’t let your failures define you. You have to let your failures teach you.” ~ Barack Obama Quotes
23. “In a world of complex threats, our security and leadership depend on all elements of our power – including strong and principled diplomacy.”
24. “My identity might begin with the fact of my race, but it didn’t, it couldn’t end there. At least that’s what I would choose to believe.”
25. “If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.”
26. “Money is not only the answer, but it makes a difference.” ~ Barack Obama Quotes
27. “If people cannot trust their government to do the job for which it exists – to protect them and to promote their common welfare – all else is lost.”
28. “My fellow Americans, we are and always will be a nation of immigrants. We were strangers once, too.”
29. “The thing about hip-hop today is it’s smart, it’s insightful. The way they can communicate a complex message in a very short space is remarkable.”
30. “We know we can’t stop every act of violence, every act of evil in the world. But maybe we could try to stop one act of evil, one act of violence.”
31. “Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay, but we can honor their sacrifice.”
32. “Let’s disagree on the issues, but let’s work together to protect a system of government that has stood strong for 240 years and made us the greatest country on Earth.”
33. “We, the People, recognize that we have responsibilities as well as rights; that our destinies are bound together; that a freedom which only asks what’s in it for me, a freedom without a commitment to others, a freedom without love or charity or duty or patriotism, is unworthy of our founding ideals, and those who died in their defense.” – Inspirational Barack Obama Quotes
34. “If you run you stand a chance of losing, but if you don’t run you’ve already lost.”
35. “All of us need to demand leaders brave enough to stand up to the gun lobby’s lies.”
36. “We may not be able to stop evil in the world, but how we treat one another is entirely up to us.”
37. “We don’t turn back, We leave no one behind, We pull each other up.”
38. “Take off your bedroom slippers. Put on your marching shoes,’ he said, his voice rising as applause and cheers mounted. ‘Shake it off. Stop complaining, stop grumbling, stop crying. We are going to press on. We have work to do.” – Inspirational Barack Obama Quotes
39. “This is not about partisan politics. It’s about upholding the institutions that make our democracy work.”
40. “The shift to a cleaner energy economy won’t happen overnight, and it will require tough choices along the way. But the debate is settled. Climate change is a fact.”
41. “We have an obligation and a responsibility to be investing in our students and our schools. We must make sure that people who have the grades, the desire, and the will, but not the money, can still get the best education possible.” – Inspirational Barack Obama Quotes
42. “Change requires more than righteous anger. It requires a program, and it requires organizing.”
Barack Obama about Michelle Obama:
43. “Michelle’s like Beyoncé in that song. ‘Let me upgrade ya!’ She upgraded me.”
44. “If you look deep into her eyes, there’s a certain vulnerability.” ~ Barack Obama Quotes
45. “The great thing about the girls is they’ve got a wonderful role model in their mom. They’ve seen how Michelle and I interact–not only the love but also the respect that I show to their mom. So I think they have pretty high expectations about how relationships should be, and that gives me some confidence about the future. I joke about this stuff sometimes, but the truth is they are smart, steady young women.” – Barack Obama Quotes about Michelle Obama
46. “We’ve been married now twenty years, and like every marriage you have your ups and you have your downs, but if you work through the tough times the respect and love that you feel deepens.”
47. “It’s fair to say this was not necessarily what she envisioned for herself. She has to put up with me. And my schedule and my stresses. And she’s done a great job on that.”
48. “There’s no doubt I’m a better man having spent time with Michelle. I would never say that Michelle’s a better woman, but I will say she’s a little more patient.” ~ Barack Obama Quotes
49. “Having said all those things, the quality I love most about her is, she’s honest and genuine. I think that comes across to people. They get a sense that they can trust her. You know, the word “authenticity” is overused these days. But I do think it captures what folks are looking for–not just in leaders, but also in friends and in coworkers–and that is, folks who are on the level. People like that tell you what they think and don’t have a bunch of hidden motives. That’s who Michelle is.” – Barack Obama Quotes about Michelle Obama
50. “Obviously I couldn’t have done anything that I’ve done without Michelle…not only has she been a great first lady, she is just my rock. I count on her in so many ways every single day.”
51. “Early in our marriage, Michelle provided this sense of stability and clarity and certainty about things, but sometimes she resisted trying something new just because it might seem a little scary or push her out of her comfort zone. I think what we’ve learned from each other.” – Barack Obama Quotes about Michelle Obama
52. “Sometimes, when we’re lying together, I look at her and I feel dizzy with the realization that here is another distinct person from me, who has memories, origins, thoughts, feelings that are different from my own. That tension between familiarity and mystery meshes something strong between us. Even if one builds a life together based on trust, attentiveness and mutual support, I think that it’s important that a partner continues to surprise.” – Barack Obama Quotes about Michelle Obama
53. “What I value most about my marriage is that it is separate and apart from a lot of the silliness of Washington, and Michelle is not part of that silliness.” ~ Barack Obama Quotes
54. “But I think it would be a mistake to think that my wife, when I walk in the door, is, ‘Hey, honey, how was your day? Let me give you a neck rub.’ It’s not as if Michelle is thinking in terms of, ‘How do I cater to my husband?’ I think it’s much more, We’re a team, and how do I make sure that this guy is together enough that he’s paying attention to his girls and not forgetting the basketball game that he’s supposed to be going to on Sunday? So she’s basically managing me quite effectively.” – Barack Obama Quotes about Michelle Obama
55. “If you were going to list the 100 most popular things that I have done as president, being married to Michelle Obama is number one.” ~ Barack Obama Quotes
If you liked Barack Obama Quotes, then you might enjoy:
- 50 Quotes for Introverts that are as Comforting as Bonfire
- 50 Brutally Honest Charles Bukowski Quotes on People, Love, Women, Art, Sadness & Death
- 40 Remarkable George Bernard Shaw Quotes
- 40 Earnest Princess Diana Quotes on Love, Family, Humanity & Her Personality
- 15 Major Signs of Toxic Parents & How to Identify them
- 40 Most Inspiring Elon Musk Quotes that’ll Teach you to Think out of the Box
- 65 Unique Leo Tolstoy Quotes on Love, Life, Humanity, Vegetarianism & Veganism
- 30 Parenting Quotes that’ll Offer you the Best Parenting Advice