40 Best Elena Gilbert Quotes from The Vampire Diaries
Elena Gilbert is the female protagonist and one of the central characters in the series “The Vampire Diaries.” She is the love interest of the Salvatore brothers. She is depicted as an easy to get along, friendly, self-less and caring girl by nature. Who shares a great dynamic with the handsome Salvatore brothers.
The love triangle between these three characters serves as one of the pivotal themes of the series, that moves the story forward by adding the elements of love, delusion and supernatural themes to the audience.
Characterisation of Elena Gilbert:
Elena’s charming girl-next-door image endeared her to hold the key to the hearts of Salvatore brothers. Therefore, she has a great influence on their actions. As she was greatly involved in on-and-off romantic relationship with the Salvatore brothers.
Her strong character traits that the audience greatly relish about Elena’s character are— She is smart, empathic, friendly, loyal, caring and compassionate.
Though, she could sometimes be indecisive and a vulnerable being, who often comes across as damsel in distress in the show. But she doesn’t comes off as a totally dark character.
These strong human attributes of her, greatly impacts her behavior. Which later helped her to reconnect with her human avatar. Thereby, making us believe that Elena isn’t power hungry like her contemporaries.
From a Quintessential girl-next-door to a Vampire:
As the story line progresses, we get to see the various gradients of Elena’s character. She even goes through a serious transformation the season three finale. Where she transitions from a regular human girl to a vampire, though never aspiring to be one. However, with the help of the cure, she was able to get back to her real self.
For those of you, who are spell bound by the bewitching beauty of Nina Dobrev and love her character as Elena Gilbert. Get quickly hinged to these 40 iconic Elena Gilbert Quotes that will refresh your memories of your favorite teen dramas, that you savored in the past.
So all the amazing fans of Nina Dobrev, who miss watching her playing Elena’s character on screen, here’s a treat for you. Go dive into these 40 amazing Elena Gilbert Quotes that you will never regret reading.
40 Iconic Elena Gilbert Quotes that will Lure you to re-watch Vampire Diaries
Popular Elena Gilbert Quotes from The Vampire Diaries:
1. “I’m at a crossroads right now, where I could go live my life the way I think I probably should — be successful and safe, and probably very happy. Or I could risk all of that for this tiny glimmer of a feeling inside that…I just can’t shake.” – Elena Gilbert
2. “Damon is like a dog with a bone.”
3. “But then she remembered something else, just a flash: looking up at Damon’s face in the woods and feeling such—such excitement, such affinity with him. As if he understood the flame that burned inside her as nobody else ever could.” – Elena Gilbert
4. “People are born, they grow old, and then they die. That’s the world we live in…There’s no magic, no mysticism, no immortality. There is nothing that defies rational thought. It’s not possible…I’m not a believer, I can’t be. But how can I deny what’s right in front of me? Someone who never grows old…never gets hurt…someone who changes in ways that can’t be explained. Girls bitten…bodies drained of blood.”
5. “It flares up in the presence of psychopaths.”
6. “Perfect! We’ll just add it to the growing list of how everything’s falling apart.”
7. “Really? You think I’m gonna let a blood-addict tell me how to drink?”
8. “I’m not blaming you, Damon. I’ve accepted the fact that you’re a self-serving psychopath with no redeeming qualities.”
Also Read: 60 Amazing Damon Salvatore Quotes from The Vampire Diaries
9. “It’s An Antique, Damon. Like You.”
10. “We met and we talked and it was epic. Then the sun came up and reality set in.”
Elena Gilbert Quotes that will Make you Emotional:
11. “The worst day of loving someone is the day that you lose them.”
12. “You’re overage. And, honestly, it’s kinda creepy.”
13. “People are going to stop giving you breaks, Jeremy. They just don’t care anymore. They don’t remember that our parents are dead; they have their own lives to deal with. The rest of the world has moved on.”
14. “Oh, you’re ogling me in this, are you? I supposed I really should have bound up my bosom – although, A: to be honest, I’m not exactly sure how you do that; and Two: I don’t know any way to bind up my hips without wearing Spanx or something and that I absolutely refuse. I mean, the name in itself is degrading.” – Elena Gilbert, The Vampire Diaries Quotes
15. “Wage War, Murder People…You Know, Klaus Stuff.”
16. “I would write, Dear Diary, Today I convinced myself it’s ok to give up. Stick with the status quo, now just isn’t the time. But my reasons aren’t reasons, they’re excuses, and the truth is, I’m scared Stefan.” – Elena Gilbert
17. “It’s not something I should be proud of—it’s just something that was passed down from Mom and Dad.”
18. “Dear Diary, I made it through the day. I must have said ‘I’m fine, thanks’ at least 37 times. And I didn’t mean it once. But no one noticed.”
19. “You’re going to think that the pain will never end, but it will. But first you have to let it all in. You can’t fight it, it’s bigger than you.”
20. “I hate to say I told you so, but…Duh.”
21. “Did I forget to mention earlier when we were talking about my birthmother, the one that gave me up. Her name was Isobel. Go ahead, reminisce about how you killed her.” – Elena Gilbert, The Vampire Diaries Quotes
22. “No, Damon. I Didn’t Tell Him I Got High On Blood Like Some Crackhead And Dirty-Danced With You.”
23. “He got under my skin and no matter what I do, I can’t shake him.”
Also Read: 66 Powerful Quotes on Death to Vanish Your Fear of it
24. “Thank you for bumping into me that day in the hallway. I never thought I would ever be happy again and then I met you. You quite literally saved my life.” – Elena Gilbert, The Vampire Diaries Quotes
25. “I used to think the worst feeling in the world was losing someone you love, but I was wrong. The worst feeling in the world is the moment that you realize you’ve lost yourself.”
26. “When someone asks ‘How are you?’, they really don’t want an answer.”
Interesting Elena Gilbert Quotes on Love and Friendship:
27. “There is no science here, this is magic.”
28. “In that moment, I loved him. I didn’t want to, I mean, it terrified me, but for that moment, I loved him.”
29. “I want him to love me as much as I love him.”
30. “People are uncomfortable around Salvatore’s in tuxes. It stirs…feelings.
31. “I love you, Stefan. Hold on to that. Never let that go.”
32. “Dear diary, I`m not a believer. People are born, they grow old and then they die. That`s the world we live in, but how can I deny what`s right in front of me? Someone who never grows old, never gets hurt.”
33. “Wings of purification.”
34. “That’s what love should be. You should love the person that makes you glad to be alive.”
35. “Jeremy locked himself in the bathroom again. Does he think we don’t know what he’s doing in there?”
36. “When you lose someone, it stays with you. Always reminding you of how easy it is to get hurt.”
37. “I… don’t think it’s vain to say that I am beautiful. If I did not know I was, I would have to have never looked in a mirror or heard a compliment.”
38. “I’m playing with fire; with something I don’t understand.”
39. “You know what? Friends don’t manipulate friends. They help each other.”
40. Damon: “Eh, a hundred and fifty years is a long time to care. Elena: Says the guy who pined for Katherine Pierce for a century and a half.” – Elena Gilbert
If you liked these Best Elena Gilbert Quotes from The Vampire Diaries, then you might enjoy:
- 48 Awesome Male Vampire Names with Meanings and Origins
- 40+ Awesome Female Vampire Names with Meanings and Origins
- 70 Powerful Demon Names from Mythologies and Pop Culture
- 85 Awesome Vampire Names with Meaning and Origin (Male & Female)
- 100 Heartfelt Quotes about Loneliness that will Make you Strong
- 40 Best Stefan Salvatore Quotes from The Vampire Diaries