120 Icebreaker Questions to Get Everyone in the Room Talking
120 Icebreaker Questions to Get Everyone in the Room Talking
There’s no party without a good crowd, and to make the crowd work, you need to get the conservation going. For which, you need someone to get the convo flowing. But I have observed that many people take a back seat and hesitate from breaking the ice. Why so?
This is because some people don’t wish to be the conversation starter. As they dislike being in the center of attraction. They don’t want others to observe them and pay attention to what they are doing. Hence, they tend to hide in the crowd.
While others simply don’t wish to talk to others, as they barely know them. They do not know what the person on the other hand likes, dislikes and what are their shared interests. Therefore, they do not make the first move.
This is the main reason why the temperature of the party drops and it becomes boring. As nobody wants to take the first initiative.
If you too feel this way and are either scared or you tend to run out of words. When you find someone you are attracted to in the same room. Then don’t miss this opportunity. As we have compiled a list of some interesting ice breaker questions to get everyone in the room talking. I hope you’ll find this helpful!
120 Icebreaker Questions that will Get Them Thinking:
1. Have you ever been mistaken for someone famous?
2. Are there any interesting things your name spells with the letters rearranged?
3. Do you prefer working from home or would you rather be in the office? Or do you like the hybrid model?
4. You are stranded on a remote desert island with your worst enemy. What would you do?
5. What bucket list item do you most want to check off in the next six months?
6. According to you, what is the most mind-numbingly dull movie ever made?
7. Which reality TV show is your guilty pleasure?
8. You now have the option of only viewing a particular celebrity’s work for the rest of your life. Who do you choose?
9. What business idea do you think would be super-profitable but that you would never want to pursue?
10. Would you rather be a tiger or a hummingbird?
11. What would you choose as your top 5 songs of all time?
12. You’re forming a team of treasure hunters. Which job do you assign to everyone in the room?
13. What’s something that always confuses you about the work we do here?
14. Where would you travel if you knew there was a chance you would have to stay there for up to a year?
15. What was the strangest dream you’ve ever had?
16. What’s something your mom or dad does that you always find yourself doing?
17. Which character from a kids’ book or movie reminds you of yourself?
18. What’s something you wish you could stop people from assuming about you?
19. Who is the greatest actor of all time?
20. Namely, the most underrated celebrity that you know of?
Also Read: 40 Best Flirty Lines to Make Her Blush
Fun Icebreaker Questions:
21. What was the worst haircut you ever had?
22. What was the first thing you thought about when you woke up today?
23. You have your own late night talk show, who do you invite as your first guest?
24. Name a healthy food you enjoy and an unhealthy food that you find hard to resist.
25. What’s your guilty pleasure when you have free time during the week?
26. Do you enjoy the outdoors? What’s your favorite outdoor activity?
27. What is your favorite weekend trip so far?
28. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
29. If you were forced to watch reruns of a favorite show, which would you choose?
30. Would you rather be the funniest or smartest person in the room?
31. What are your favorite songs from your teenage years that you still rock out to when nobody else is listening?
32. What part of your school life do you wish you could incorporate into your adult life?
33. Do you have any crazy roommate stories?
34. What was your first record, cassette, tape or CD that you owned?
35. What age do you wish you could be permanently?
36. What’s a landmark, popular destination, or local hangout spot that you either frequented or avoided when you were growing up?
37. What is your favorite magical or mythological creature?
38. Would you rather take a cold shower every day or always sleep an hour less than you need?
39. What’s the craziest fashion trend you ever rocked?
40. What’s the craziest dare you ever took?
Food Related Icebreaker Questions:
41. What is your favorite grocery item while shopping locally?
42. What is your favorite street food in the city?
43. What is your favorite restaurant in the city?
44. What is your style – sweet, salty, or sour?
45. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
46. What’s the worst food you’ve ever eaten that made you wanna throw up?
47. Are you a good cook? What is your favorite dish to cook?
48. What is something you can’t cook but want to learn?
49. If you had the power what food would you make disappear from the world?
51. What is your favorite breakfast, lunch, and dinner?
52. Are you a foodie? What are the best food items you have ever tasted?
Also Read: 17 Time Tested Tips on How to Flirt Like a Gentleman | Essential Guide to Flirting
Travel Related Icebreaker Questions:
53. Are you a weekend worrier? What are some best places you have ever been to?
54. Who is your favorite person to travel with?
55. What’s your favorite seat on the plane?
56. If you could live anywhere on this planet, where would you choose to live?
57. What’s the best meal you’ve had in a restaurant anywhere in the world?
58. What is the most beautiful place on earth?
59. If you could go to Mars, would you? Why or why not?
60. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you want to have with you?
61. Are you a beach person or do you like mountains?
62. What’s your favorite outdoor activity?
63. What’s something you like to do whenever you travel to a new country?
Deep Icebreaker Questions:
64. Who inspires you to be a better person?
65. If you could not work for a year, what would you do?
66. Who do you depend on the most in your family and outside the family?
67. What’s the funniest place you’ve ever fallen asleep?
68. What one thing would you change about our society?
69. What always makes you laugh?
70. What historical figure would you most like to meet?
71. What are your very first memories?
72. What is one life lesson you have learnt that you will never forget?
73. What’s the greatest invention of your lifetime?
74. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?
75. What kind of dinosaur would you want to be?
76. What greatest moment of our life will you always remember?
77. When was the last time you turned your phone off?
78. What was your favorite childhood Halloween costume?
79. What was your favorite activity as a kid?
80. Have you ever taken responsibility for someone else’s mistake?
81. What is your favorite/least favorite holiday and why?
Thought Provoking Icebreaker Questions:
82. Have you ever had a “now or never” moment?
83. What do you want for your children in the future?
84. When did you realize you liked/were good at your job?
85. What would you change about yourself?
86. What historical event inspires you the most?
87. Would you rather be rather be wealthy or healthy?
88. How do you control stress?
89. Have you ever performed in front of a crowd?
90. What job have you hated the most?
91. If you could ask one person one question who would it be and what would you ask?
92. What’s your favorite memory of your childhood best friend?
93. What is your favorite movie adaptation of a book?
94. What quality do you admire about your parents?
95. What one question would you ask the President/Prime Minister?
96. When was the last time you climbed a tree?
97. What is the largest crowd you have ever been in?
98. What is the best day of your life so far?
99. If you were to compete in the Olympics, what sport would you choose?
100. What or who motivates you to exercise and be healthy?
101. If you could have your own TV show, what would it be?
102. What do you think about first thing in the morning?
Also Read: 101 Best Mc Names with Origin and Meaning
Holiday Icebreaker Questions:
103. What is one food item you hide from your spouse or kids during the holidays?
104. What is your favorite holiday road trip memory?
105. What is your most memorable non-family trip (a field trip or work trip)?
106. What is your least favorite holiday food?
107. What holiday dessert best describes you and why?
108. What is your favorite way to serve others during the holidays?
109. What was your fondest food memory from a holiday celebration?
110. Which holiday would you add to the calendar and which holiday would you subtract?
111. What was the most memorable holiday celebration you had at school?
112. What is the weirdest holiday news story that has stuck in your mind?
113. Who has it harder during the holidays: kids or parents? Why?
114. What kind of holiday shopper are you: Black Friday? Christmas Eve? Diwali? Yearlong hoarder?
115. What is a Christmas song that makes you cringe?
116. What is one place you shop that might surprise people?
117. When you close your eyes and think of your “happy place,” where is it?
118. What is one item of your spouse’s/partner’s clothing you wish you could throw away?
119. Driving or eating out: What is your pet peeve in either of these situations?
120. What fashion trend do you want to come back?
If you liked these Icebreaker Questions to Get Everyone in the Room Talking, then you might enjoy:
- 107 Best Names with Dark Meaning (Male & Female)
- 123 Awesome “The Vampire Diaries” Quotes that’ll Make You Wanna Watch it Again
- 70 Powerful Demon Names from Mythologies and Pop Culture
- 50 Best Snowman Quotes that are Cute, Funny & Adorable
- 85 Awesome Vampire Names with Meaning and Origin (Male & Female)