50 Best Pregnancy Quotes to Celebrate the Joy of New Moms:
Women are bestowed with the greatest power, which is giving the gift of life to someone— a tiny human being who even before its birth creates a strong bond with the mother.
This beautiful connection between the mother and the baby is known as maternal bond, which is associated with pregnancy, childbirth, and child rearing.
The maternal bond is so strong that, the mother and baby start communicating even when it’s just a foetus. As the foetus grows, it starts getting messages or chemical signs from the mother’s placenta. These signals carry the information about the mental state of the mother.
The pregnancy period is considered the ideal time to form a connection with your baby, which is essential for your baby’s growth and development. This means, you can start bonding with your baby even when it’s in your belly.
Therefore, many doting mothers send positive messages and listen to calming music as the unborn baby can hear it.
Why Pregnancy is Special for Moms:
The pregnancy period is a stage, where a woman realizes how her body can transform into a literal home for the unborn. It’s like continuous learning for her, as she undergoes various changes in terms of her mental, emotional, and physical state.
Your body expands itself to snuggle the baby inside, around 18 to 25 weeks, the mother can feel the foetus moving. This experience is special for the mother, as she can feel the baby’s activity in her womb.
The mother even gets clues about the child’s temperament based on the level of activity of the baby inside the mother’s uterus. By the time she is into seven months of her pregnancy, she develops a strong maternal bond with the unborn child.
If you have got the good news, we’d like to share these beautiful pregnancy quotes to celebrate the joy of new moms.
50 Best Pregnancy Quotes to Celebrate the Joy of New Moms:
Pregnancy Quotes by Famous Personalities:
1. “It’s a really magical time, those first few weeks. It almost makes you wish you didn’t have to tell anyone, ever. You could just watch your belly grow bigger, and no one would be allowed to ask you about it, and you would have your baby and a year later you would allow visitors to finally come and meet your little miracle.” – Amy Poehler
2. “Giving birth and being born brings us into the essence of creation, where the human spirit is courageous and bold and the body, a miracle of wisdom.” – Harriette Hartigan, Pregnancy Quotes
3. “There is something very beautiful about being pregnant. I think I enjoy being pregnant more than not being pregnant. I know it could go either way, and the next pregnancy could be the complete opposite.” – Chrissy Teigen
4. “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.” and so in you the child your mother lives on and through your family continues to live… so at this time look after yourself and your family as you would your mother for through you all she will truly never die.” – Osho, Pregnancy Quotes
5. “When you’re pregnant, you can think of nothing but having your own body to yourself again, yet after having given birth you realize that the biggest part of you is now somehow external, subject to all sorts of dangers and disappearance, so you spend the rest of your life trying to figure out how to keep it close enough for comfort.” – Jodi Picoult, Pregnancy Quotes
6. “It makes me feel like a woman. It makes me feel that all the things about my body are suddenly there for a reason. It makes you feel round and supple, and to have a little life inside you is amazing.” – Angelina Jolie
7. “To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and distressingly inhabited. Soul and spirit are stretched – along with body – making pregnancy a time of transition, growth, and profound beginnings.” – Anne Christian Buchanan, Pregnancy Quotes
8. “A baby is God’s opinion that life should go on.” – Carl Sandburg
9. “Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would die for you. This is the miracle of Mother’s Love.” – Maureen Hawkins
10. “A mother does not become pregnant in order to provide employment to medical people. Giving birth is an ecstatic jubilant adventure not available to males. It is a woman’s crowning creative experience of a lifetime.” – John Stevenson, Pregnancy Quotes
Funny Pregnancy Quotes:
11. “Pregnancy is the only time when you can do nothing at all and still be productive.” – Evan Esar
12. “Growing a baby makes me feel like a Superhero. A really tired, weak superhero who wants to eat all the time and isn’t allowed to lift heavy objects.”
13. “It’s a great thing about being pregnant, you don’t need excuses to pee or eat” – Angelina Jolie
14. “So I asked around and apparently I have a baby bump. And I’m here to tell you that I do! I am not pregnant, but I have had three kids and there is a bump. From now on ladies, I will have a bump. And it will be my baby bump. And let’s just all settle in and get used to it. It’s not going anywhere.” – Jennifer Garner, Pregnancy Quotes
15. “The responsible woman in me is budgeting for groceries. The pregnant woman is going “Ooooo! Chocolate Cake!”
16. “Life is tough enough without having someone kick you from the inside.” – Rita Rudner
17. “Sneezing for a pregnant chick is like playing Russian roulette; you never know when something’s gonna come out.”
18. “My clothes are getting tighter already. Congratulate me for the biggest achievement of my life. I’m going to be a mother soon!”
19. “Months have an average of 30 days, except the 9th month of pregnancy which has about 1,000 days.”
20. “You do a lot of growing up when you’re pregnant. It’s suddenly like, “Yikes. Here it is, folks. Playtime is over.”
Pregnancy Quotes to Capture your Motherly Emotions:
21. “Whether your pregnancy was meticulously planned, medically coaxed, or happened by surprise, one thing is certain: your life will never be the same.” – Catherine Jones, Pregnancy Quotes
22. “And so in you, the child, your mother lives on and through your family continues to live… so at this time look after yourself and your family as you would your mother for through you all she will truly never die.” – Osho, Pregnancy Quotes
23. “A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for.”
24. “Making the decision to have a baby is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” – Elizabeth Stone, Pregnancy Quotes
25. “A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty.”
26. “Babies are bits of star-dust blown from the hand of God. Lucky is the woman who knows the pangs of birth for she has held a star.” – Larry Barretto
27. “Pregnancy is a process that invites you to surrender to the unseen force behind all life.” – Judy Ford
28. “You are pregnant and you are powerful. You are bold and you are beautiful. Go forward in your boldness, in your beauty and in your contentedness. Trust your body to birth and know that the collective power of women worldwide will be with you.”
29. “Sometimes when you pick up your child you can feel the map of your own bones beneath your hands, or smell the scent of your skin in the nape of his neck. This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood – finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without.” – Jodi Picoult, Pregnancy Quotes
30. “A mother’s joy begins when new life is stirring inside…. when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the very first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone.”
Loving Quotes on Pregnancy to Welcome the Newborn:
31. “A new baby is like the beginning of all things – wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.” – Eda LeShan
32. “If I had my life to live over, instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I’d have cherished ever moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.” – Erma Bombeck, Pregnancy Quotes
33. “Life is a flame that is always burning itself out, but it catches fire again every time a child is born.” – George Bernard Shaw
34. “When we encourage new parents to ‘treasure these moments because they don’t last forever,’ we need to remember to also reassure them that they will survive these moments because they don’t last forever.” – L.R. Knost, Pregnancy Quotes
35. “Before you were born I carried you under my heart. From the moment you arrived in this world until the moment I leave it, I will always carry you in my heart.”- Mandy Harrison, Pregnancy Quotes
36. “Pregnancy is a process that invites you to surrender to the unseen force behind all life.” – Judy Ford
37. “There are words in the soul of a newborn baby, wanting and waiting to be written.” – Toba Beta
38. “Still the most magical day of my life was the day I became a mom.” – Linda Becker
39. “When I was pregnant, I was so huge and people on the bus would get up for me. That made me feel so precious and valued and valuable. I try to treat everyone like they’re pregnant.” – Mariska Hargitay, Pregnancy Quotes
40. “Rigid plans work best if you’re building a skyscraper; with something as mysteriously human as giving birth, it’s best, both literally and figuratively, to keep your knees bent.” – Mark Sloan, Pregnancy Quotes
More Awesome Pregnancy Quotes:
41. “The first pregnancy is the most self-indulgent thing in the world because you get massages and prenatal yoga and hypnotherapy CDs. During this one I forget that I’m even pregnant. I’m hoisting my 2-year-old around.” – Emily Blunt, Pregnancy Quotes
42. “Pregnancy can be a time when you take tremendous pleasure in eating, not only because you may enjoy food more but also because you know that it is nourishing both you and your baby.” – Martha Rose and Jane L. Davis
43. “Loving a baby is a circular business, a kind of feedback loop. The more you give the more you get and the more you get the more you feel like giving.” – Penelope Leach, Pregnancy Quotes
44. “It is the most powerful creation to have life growing inside of you. There is no bigger gift.” – Beyoncé
45. “A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart until the day you die.” – Mary Mason
46. “You are the closest I will ever come to magic.” – Suzanne Finnamore
47. “Having a baby is like falling in love again, both with your husband and your child.” – Tina Brown
48. “When babies look beyond you and giggle, maybe they’re seeing angels.” – Eileen Elias Freeman
49. “Babies are like little suns that, in a magical way, bring warmth, happiness, and light into our lives.” – Kartini Diapari-Oengide, Pregnancy Quotes
50. “Carrying a baby is the most rewarding experience a woman can enjoy.” – Jayne Mansfield, Pregnancy Quotes
If you liked 50 Best Pregnancy Quotes and Maternity Quotes, then you might enjoy reading:
- How to take care of the Emotional & Mental well-being of an Empath Child
- 10 Best Ways to know Whether your Relationship is worth Fighting For | Relationship Advice
- 10 Tell Tale Signs of Energy Vampires + Tips to deal with Energy Vampires
- 10 Reasons why one Chooses to be a Lone Wolf in a Society that chases Groups
- Why Long-Distance Relationship can be Great for Introverts, Loners & People with Social Anxiety